Friday, February 23, 2007

An Inconvenient Truth (2006)



Really interesting educational science movie about the dangers of global warming and the effects it has had on the earth particularly in the last 50 years. I learned a lot from this movie but a lot of it I'm not sure of it's validity. For example, pictures are shown over a period of 50 years, but not told whether it's winter or summer. I also didn't like was it seemed that Al Gore was "selling" himself a little by dramatizing his loss of presidency and making jokes about the Republican party. I think he would have sold his point a lot stronger if he had not included this and made more validity to his points. I am very hesitant of conspiracy theories, especially ones from people who's electric bill in a month is more than I pay the whole year. Gore doesn't seem to live his belief. Nonetheless, the movie is really insightful and gave some ideas on how to help the environment.

No comments: